CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Halloween Cupcakes

This layout is bittersweet for me. The kids and I made Halloween cupcakes last fall and had so much fun together decorating them. Will was just old enough to join in for the first time. Just days after we did this we found out about his food allergies. I'm so thankful that we did because it has helped him tremendously, but at the same time it makes me a little sad for the things he can no longer have. We can't bake cakes or cupcakes due to the eggs. He can't have chocolate due to the soy. We have found many new products that he can enjoy and that makes life a little easier for him. It's so heartbreaking to hear your 2.5 year old ask for food he cannot have and then automatically ask if it has soy in it. I hope and pray he will grow out of a lot of these one day!



I did this page for one of the Calendar Girls challenges at 2P's. I combined it with one of the 2P's Crop Challenges for the crop last weekend. I really like how this page turned out, but it looks much better in person. The orange is a true orange and not the burnt orange it appears.




Since this page was about the kids making the cupcakes, I wanted to go with a real child-like feel for the page. I thing the Doodlebug stickers and embellishments add to that feeling. I used papers from MME, Doodlebug, KI Memories, Little Yellow Bicycle and Sassafrass.

Hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. your layout is awesome! you are right the doodlebug is perfect for the layout! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love those photos! My husband was allergic to everything as a kid, but outgrew it by the time I met him in college. I've had piano students who outgrew their allergies while still in grade school, so let's hope that's the case for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute layout!
    So much going on, I love it.
    Sorry to hear about your son's food allergies. I too am hoping he grows out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout! I hope he outgrows his allergy too, so tough for a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food allergies are no fun. I make cupcakes all the time without soy or eggs and they are super yummy. If you need a good recipe let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete