CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas in Amory


I finally got to scrapbook again and it felt so good! I'd been planning this for over a week and had my photos all printed out to size and on my desk. I loved this sketch the minute I saw it. It is from one of my favorite sites, Sketch Support . Although Allison Davis has been around a while, she revamped her site at the first of the year and I am loving it even more now.

When I saw what Allison did with the sketch on the first day, I knew I wanted to use lots of photos in it too. I thought it would be perfect for Christmas photos. I always want to scrap our Christmas celebrations, but don't want to end up with 20 layouts for each year so I'm always looking for ways to fit lots of photos on the layouts. I did change it up in several ways from the original sketch and Allison's many-photo version. I ended up using 16 photos on this layout; something that doesn't happen that often.



I used pop dots on lots of the sticker accents for interest, and even on the green border sticker. I cut off part of the border sticker and used it with my title. I had just this much left over of the red Queen and Co. Felt Fusion so I added it to the bottom of the layout since I decided not to cut the background paper into waves. I also used a border punch on those papers. I did not add any journaling except for the date. You can see details from the photos of what gifts were received and who was there so I thought the photos kind of spoke for themselves in this instance. Thickers were used in the title along with really old Karen Foster pebble letters. Everything else is Echo Park. I really enjoyed making this layout and using inspiration from Sketch Support.

11 comments:

  1. jennifer,
    your layout is awesome--you did a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love this sketch and that you did a Christmas layout with such fresh colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your details in the layout, the colors are so fresh and vibrant is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to put so many photos into one layout! I always have the darndest times w/this issue. Thanks for the inspiration.

    And I just adore that little blue bird w/the santa hat! How cute is he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Layout! Really like the swirly felt fusion. It makes the LO really pop! ...especially with all the angles and squares. Cute Santa too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout!!I love how you combined the traditional Christmas colors of red and green with pink and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greatt pages Jennifer! Love the 2 pagers and Alison's sketches are fabulous but you did a fab job with it! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Sketch Support site and have several of Allison's sketch books. Your layout turned out great and I am impressed with 16 photos!

    ReplyDelete