CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

We had a great day yesterday. Very relaxing Sunday and a great church service. Our Sunday School class is starting a new series on the history of the Bible and it is very interesting. The teacher has prepared an entire 3-ring binder with timelines and information for us. It's going to be quite deep, but we're both looking forward to it. The kids were great during Worship. They were so still and quiet and we were so proud of them. Right at the end as I started gathering up our things just before we were dismissed Will hollers out, "Come on Mommy; I've got to get out of this place". William and I were about to die and trying very hard not to laugh out loud. Haven't we all felt that way at some point but just couldn't say it? :)


After services we went to Jason's Deli to eat. It's been quite a while since we all went out to eat; it's so hard with Will's food allergies. But Jason's Deli is one place where we can all eat healthy and find plenty of choices for Will. It's one of our favorite places to go.

On a different note, I managed to do two layouts this weekend. I feel like I've done so many for Will lately and need to do more of Rylie so this first one is all her.

I used new to me October Afternoon goodies and a sketch from Studio Calico. I wasn't sure about this one as I was working on it but I'm really happy with how it turned out.


Here's Will's layout for the weekend. I like to get holidays scrapped as much as I can before the next year's holiday rolls around. Still have lots from Easter last year to do but I'm getting there. I seem to have a hard time with Easter layouts because I have trouble finding paper and embellishments that I like. I don't know why Easter is so hard to find a variety of lines. Anyway, this was his first egg hunt and the little ones were still learning what it was all about. I used some GCD papers and Bo Bunny stickers.

12 comments:

  1. Your story is so funny and I love Jason's Deli, yummy!! Your layouts turned out great. Easter is a hard one. I feel like all they have are pastels. Even Christmas and Halloween have alternative colors now to scrap with. Why not Eater? You might be on to something here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love what kids say! great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute story! Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! Your son sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would have been just dying with laughter when he said that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too Cute! Church quotes are the best! ...When my littlest was four and our priest was sick, she asked if today we were having a substitute God for the service! Great LO's ! Congrats to Rylie on student of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layouts! I hope you enjoy your Sunday School class, sounds like it will be very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids do say the darndest things! Love your two layouts - you managed to get lots of good photos on the page, and still add wonderful touches of color and detail!

    ReplyDelete