CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Exciting Things are Coming

This weekend was the CHA-Winter show which means the scrapbooking world has been all abuzz the past week with sneak peaks and show information. It's always exciting to see what's coming out in the next few months. Personally I'm on a spending freeze until at least the end of March trying to use up some of my stash before a lot of the latest and greatest hits the stores.

Some of my favorites this time are Crate Paper , October Afternoon and Basic Grey. I also really like the new KI Puffies and think they would be great on layouts and projects for the kids. I have noticed lots of companies seem to be gravitating away from the bright colors and bold patterns we've seen so much of lately and going for more of a vintage look. I've seen lots of softer pinks, greens and peachy tones. It's always interesting to see what trends the companies are following.

Since it is CHA weekend, 2P's has had an online social going on all weekend. They've had chats, blog posts with product information and show photos, and lots of scrapbook challenges. I managed to complete two of these challenges over the weekend.


The challenge on this one was to use red as the dominant color. I like red, but don't usually scrap with it this much. I used a sketch from Sketch Support. The papers are Collage Press, Echo Park and October Afternoon. I used old velvet ribbon, Thickers and really old KI Memories tag and Scrapworks (remember them?) chipboard accents. I finally got out my I-Rock that I won from Imaginisce a few months back and added bling to some of the snowflakes on the paper behind my journaling. That thing is awesome! I don't know why I waited so long to try it out but I will be using it a lot more!


The challenge for this layout was to use accessories in the form of flowers and bling on your project. When I saw that challenge I immediately thought of this photo of DD dressed as a hippie for Decade Day during Homecoming Week at school. I had all these beautiful Crate Paper papers and embellishments in a bag from a kit that I had not used yet and thought they'd go with my flower child theme quite well. I used a Page Maps sketch and everything came together nicely. This one is so bulky that it was really hard to scan but there are rhinestones on the word stickers around the two center flowers. This one is pretty different than my usual style (especially all that yellow!) but I really like it and so does DD.

The challenges are still going on until midnight on Wednesday, February 2. Check them out for lots of great inspiration!

12 comments:

  1. Love your layouts! I spent the weekend going through all the CHA info too - photos, blogs, 2 peas videos, etc... - but didn't have time to participate in any of the challenges. Maybe I'll have time to create next weekend. :)

    Tammy
    http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layouts!! love the colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layouts! They are just fabulous! I am so impressed that your daughter can handle a hand mixer! I gave mine up eons ago! I am still sifing through CHA stuff and saving my pennies. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great and a lot of fun! Love the colors and patterns you used here. Great work Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your faves are my faves! Those Puffies are adorable, can't wait to add them to my embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I passed on a blog award to you! Please feel free to either 1) accept it and pass it on, 2) accept it, or 3) decline it. Any of these options is perfectly okay with me. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog! You can see the award here:
    http://suealthouse.blogspot.com/2011/02/woyww-and-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped over from Sue's blog. Great layouts - I really like the making cookies one showing the process and the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts! I want those cookies, lol! The second layout is just beautiful. Congrats on the award from Sue!

    ReplyDelete